United States of America
- Operate one or more production lines (machining, assembly, paint/pack, special)
- Foster teamwork, involvement and a positive team culture that values safety, quality and overall excellence
- Meet or exceed performance metrics (safety, quality, productivity, 5S)
- Be a role model for safe behavior, promoting customer quality and having a strong sense of urgency
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Lead shift kick-offs and stretching. Administer daily job assignments and rotations. Looks ahead: anticipate issues and resolve them before they impact performance. Update the PMS hour-by-hour. Work with the Team Leader to plan staffing for upcoming weeks (customer demand, planned PTO days, etc). Administer the 5S sustainment process.
- Be alert for: Safe behaviors and conditions; Quality concerns and FPY; Losses (slowdowns, stoppages, scrap, rejects, etc). Urgent reaction to issues, ownership and persistence. Resolve issues and prevent recurrence (straightforward troubleshooting and resolution). Escalate to Team Leader. Act as fill-in operator for unscheduled breaks, and absences (rarely).
Processes and Tools handled in the job:
- Root Cause Problem Solving process
- Ergonomics, equipment guarding, lock-out, PPE, and other safety tools and processes
- FPY, SOP, Control Plan, error-proofing, air testing, functional testing (test stands)
- MIFA, OEE, constraint, TPM, 5S, time management, Microsoft office
The application process will remain open until the position has been filled.
Company ProfileWatch how Danfoss is Engineering tomorrow, here.
Danfoss is an EO employer and VEVRAA Federal Contractor. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or other protected category.
Auto req ID
Production & Quality
Country / Countries
Location / Locations
Hopkinsville / KY
DPS (Danfoss Power Solutions)