Systems and Application Engineering Intern
United States of America
Would you like to apply your engineering expertise to help customers design their machines? Danfoss Power Solutions has a great opportunity with the Systems and Application Engineering (SAE) team in Ames, IA. We are seeking a Systems and Application Engineering Intern for the summer and fall semesters of 2019.
BACKGROUND & SKILLS
- Major: Mechanical, Electrical, or Agricultural Engineering, Physics, Industrial Technology
- Level of Education: At least 60 hours of college coursework completed. Will consider applicants with at least 30 credit hours completed with an exceptional skill set and work experience
- Demonstrated hands-on mechanical or electrical skills; for example, car or farm equipment service or repair
- Key personal attributes: Excellent communication skills (written and verbal), innovative, team-focused, independent, and self-driven
- Prior experience with the operation of farming, construction equipment, or automobiles is a plus
- Experience with PLUS+1, LabVIEW, Programmable Logic Controllers, or other machine control software is a plus
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Work availability: 40 hours/week during summer months; 15 hour minimum during fall months
- Commitment to work 6 months
- Developing strong mobile machine expertise through research, testing and analyzing agricultural, construction, material handling, turf and specialty machines.
- Working with the technical sales team to evaluate customer specifications, contributing to technical proposals that lead to new business, responding to technical requests, providing technical training, evaluating product applications and documenting these activities.
- Selecting and specifying DPS products to ensure conformance to component application requirements and machine performance expectations.
- Designing system control architecture, logic and parameters to meet safety, performance and life requirements.
- Researching, developing, analyzing and testing alternate machine system designs for feasibility, cost, operation and performance in the mobile machine market.
- Investigating machine problems or component failures and recommending remedial actions, system design changes or alternate components or features.
- Identifying and recommending product design improvements to the DPS component engineering teams.
We are Engineering TomorrowThe world faces growing populations, booming urbanization and rapid climate change. At Danfoss, we engineer ready-to-use solutions to these challenges. We build energy-efficient solutions that reduce food loss and make cities cleaner – using digital technology to make systems smarter and more connected – and we engineer innovative new ways to save energy and transition to clean energy for the good of our climate.
Join DanfossDanfoss gives you unique opportunities to put your skills to good use, make an impact and shape an exciting career. We encourage employees to take charge, do extraordinary things and run the business like it was their own. Danfoss is a global market-leading technology company. We are respected around the world and across industries for our innovative, high-quality products and solutions. Join Danfoss to be part of a world-class team of over 27,000 people in 56 countries that engineer tomorrow and build a better future.
Please watch how Danfoss is engineering tomorrow
Danfoss is an EO employer and VEVRAA Federal Contractor. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or other protected category.
Auto req ID
Type of Position
Country / Countries
Location / Locations
Ames / IA
DPS (Danfoss Power Solutions)