Systems and Application Engineering Intern
United States of America
Would you like to apply your engineering expertise to help customers design their machines? Then you might be interested in joining our Systems and Application Engineering (SAE) team at Danfoss Power Solutions (DPS) in Ames, IA. We are seeking a student intern for the summer and fall semesters of 2019.
- Developing strong mobile machine expertise through research, testing and analyzing agricultural, construction, material handling, turf and specialty machines.
- Working with the technical sales team to evaluate customer specifications, contributing to technical proposals that lead to new business, responding to technical requests, providing technical training, evaluating product applications and documenting these activities.
- Selecting and specifying DPS products to ensure conformance to component application requirements and machine performance expectations.
- Designing system control architecture, logic and parameters to meet safety, performance and life requirements.
- Researching, developing, analyzing and testing alternate machine system designs for feasibility, cost, operation and performance in the mobile machine market.
- Investigating machine problems or component failures and recommending remedial actions, system design changes or alternate components or features.
- Identifying and recommending product design improvements to the DPS component engineering teams.
- Major: Mechanical, Electrical, or Agricultural Engineering, Physics, Industrial Technology
- Level of Education: At least 60 hours of college coursework completed. Will consider applicants with at least 30 credit hours completed with an exceptional skill set and work experience
- Demonstrated hands-on mechanical or electrical skills; for example, car or farm equipment service or repair
- Key personal attributes: Excellent communication skills (written and verbal), innovative, team-focused, independent, and self-driven
- Prior experience with the operation of farming, construction equipment, or automobiles is a plus
- Experience with PLUS+1, LabVIEW, Programmable Logic Controllers, or other machine control software is a plus
- Valid driver’s license
- Work availability- 40 hours/week during the summer months; 15 hour minimum during the fall months
- Commitment to work 6 months
Location of Position: Ames, IA
Start Date: May 2019
The application process will remain open until the position has been filled.
Company ProfileWatch how Danfoss is Engineering tomorrow, here.
Danfoss is an EO employer and VEVRAA Federal Contractor. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or other protected category.
Auto req ID
Type of Position
Sales & Marketing
Country / Countries
Location / Locations
Ames / IA
DPS (Danfoss Power Solutions)