Apply Now >>
Requisition ID :
Posting Date :
Solution Architecture Group
Basildon, Essex GB
About DXC TechnologyDXC Technology (DXC: NYSE) is the world’s leading independent, end-to-end IT services company, helping clients harness the power of innovation to thrive on change. Created by the merger of CSC and the Enterprise Services business of Hewlett Packard Enterprise, DXC Technology serves nearly 6,000 private and public sector clients across 70 countries. The company’s technology independence, global talent and extensive partner network combine to deliver powerful next-generation IT services and solutions. DXC Technology is recognized among the best corporate citizens globally. For more information, visit www.dxc.com
Role SummaryThe Technical Business Analyst is primarily responsible for translating customer business requirements into a working business system solution using the DXC Xuber software products.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities:
- Engage with Customer staff through workshops or other methods of interaction to elicit business requirements and objectives.
- Translate detailed business requirements into working software solutions using Xuber software products and configuration tools.
- Ability to support and advise the project team and customers on limitations and opportunities for perfect fit customer solutions based on knowledge of Xuber software Products
- Adhere to and contribute to the enhancement of best practice design and configuration of Xuber software products
- Create and update complex solution configuration on the Xuber Software including configuration for the following:
- Rating algorithms and referral processing
- Underwriting, Claims and business rules
- Stored procedures, database triggers, indexes and other database artefacts
- Table creation and maintenance requiring detailed data entry
- Product pages implementing dynamic logic, validation & workflow rules
- Forms creation and maintenance
- Documents and reports for user consumption
- Works collaboratively in a team environment for the building and updating of technical documents according to customer specifications
- Software unit testing & issue resolution
- Creating and manipulating data output to create customised screens, reports and views for both demonstration purposes and end customer solutions
- To lead and participate in internal quality reviews of solution design and test plans
- To design, develop, review and execute system test scripts
- To prepare technical system documentation as reference for Testing and Support as required
- To provide input to project estimates after analysing the proposed development approach / complexity
- To Support the process of transitioning projects into support
- Familiarity with the configuration of .Net applications
- Strong SQL skills, in particular procedural SQL including ability to construct SQL queries, views, triggers and stored procedures. Troubleshooting SQL to identify problems and construct complex SQL, considering performance aspects of SQL code.
- Experience of MS SQL Server database systems
- 2 years insurance and/or insurance software experience, preferably covering underwriting, claims, accounts and re-insurance
- Knowledge and experience of analysis techniques, ideally of using a formal analysis methodology in the building of solutions. (Some knowledge of analysing relational data would be beneficial.)
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- A high level of attention to detail with strong documentation skills
- Prepared to travel when required
- Ability to work flexible hours as required - connecting and collaborating with colleagues in different time zones.
- Familiarity with configuration of Xuber Software products
- Polished presentation/demonstration skills
- Knowledge of the Insurance industry and its processes and procedures gained through direct experience.
- Practical working knowledge of at least one computer-based Insurance application.
- Experience in working to strict deadlines, both individually and as part of a team.
- A detailed understanding of the full project life cycle
- Have demonstrated a working knowledge of the following concepts/skills:
- Process Mapping (current and future state)
- Development of data flow diagrams (current and future state)
- Entity relationship mapping
- General Insurance principles such as underwriting, claims, accounting and re-insurance across multiple lines of business
- Knowledge of Unified Modelling Language
DXC Technology is committed to the development of a fully inclusive workforce. All applications for employment are assessed purely on merit, against the capabilities and competencies required for the role.
DXC Technology does not discriminate on the basis of gender, ethnic origin, race, faith or sexual orientation.
Apply Now >>