San Jose, California, US
Area of Interest
Engineer - Software
Cloud and Data Center
Ops AI Infrastructure EngineerWe are looking for engineers who want to make a lasting impact on our Enterprise grade Kubernetes offering, Cisco’s Digital Networking Architecture, also known as Cisco DNA.
What You'll DoYou will be responsible for the design and implementation of actionable intelligent insights and infrastructure on a highly scalable and distributed analytics platform using the latest cloud-based technologies. You will lead the design and development of end to end infrastructure of correlated data consumption, processing and actionable insights generation from the software stacks of millions of devices and controllers in the field.
Who You'll Work WithCisco is transforming the networking industry. To make this happen, we are heavily investing in team responsible for The Network. Intuitive. We are disrupting the industry by building a new networking platform that can learn, adapt, and secure itself at the speed of today’s businesses. You will be working with the founding team of AI Operations – that is creating the infrastructure to manage 100s of Micro-services deployed on massive multi-cloud infrastructure.
Who You Are
- You thrive in a team that is part of cutting edge, high impact projects and are motivated by delivering industry transforming solutions on an aggressive schedule
- You are curious to learn new technologies and collaborate with fellow engineers to raise the bar to create team success
- Develop systems to perform observability and correlational analytics on data received from network devices and distributed subsystems/micro services
- Use algorithms, statistics, machine learning and data science to develop new features
- Develop scalable Micro-Services and API interfaces
- Develop software using Python, Go and/or Java
- Develop algorithms for dynamic anomaly detection
- Develop unit tests and integration tests to ensure high quality continuous delivery of micro services to production
- Develop highly scalable and fault tolerant distributed systems.
- Develop software for real-time data pipelines and batch processing frameworks.
- Think and look at the world in terms of metrics and events
- Automate everything
Requirements:Bachelor’s degree or foreign equivalent in Computer Engineering or Computer Science
Good understanding of:
- real-time data pipes
- batch processing
- Experience with/Knowledge of the following technologies:
- Distributed SW Architecture for SaaS solutions
- Database technologies (e.g. ElasticSearch,Titandb, Cassandra, influxdb)
- Hands-on coding using Python/Golang/ Java
- Open Source Technologies (e.g. Kafka, Flink/Spark)
- Data mining and statistical analysis
Experience developing software for product and services that have been shipped
Familiar with statistics, data science, machine learningDesirable:
- Development experience on web scale distributed systems on AWS/GCP
- Experience/Knowledge of Tensorflow/Keras based data modeling
- Development experience/Knowledge on Kubernetes/Kubeflow
- Experience in NLP related work
Why CiscoAt Cisco, each person brings their unrival talents to work as a team and make a difference.
Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
- We connect everything – people, process, data and things – and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
- We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more – from Smart-Cities to your everyday devices.
- We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
Colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Be you, with us! #WeAreCisco
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.