Job Type:Marketing Communications
Job DescriptionFueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open digital payments platform gives PayPal’s 267 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in person. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
- Develop & support the overall execution of a Global Communications Strategy for GCO, ensuring messages are efficient and effective, and delivered in a timely manner
- Support the local Functional Directors and Site Leaders with their messaging and communications plans, aligning with the overall GCO communications strategy and approach
- Align communication messaging to the global PayPal communication strategy
- Develop processes for managing content delivery across a range of communication channels and in identifying the right channels for communications.
- Support the co-ordination of site and functional All Hands
- Co-ordinate the development of the Monthly Newsletters and web site content
- Help support key Global Customer Operations Events and Initiatives
- Produce and circulate communications to support key project and programme initiatives
- Proactively manage internal communication calendars that include all major milestones
- Regularly measure the effectiveness of communication activities and plans through both qualitative and quantitative feedback, making changes and updates accordingly
- Provide global back up to the other members of the Communication team on an ad hoc basis.
- Support the co-ordination and design of functional recognition / incentive programmes that support business goals
- Drive awareness of recognition programmes, and winners across the organisation
- Drive awareness and participation of the Affinity groups – Unity (Women @PayPal), Pride (LGBT), Gives (charity), Green (environmental) through leader communication and events
- Support Global Customer Operation Leaders with communication materials aligned to the execution of the employee feedback and survey plans
- Produce and circulate communications to support organisational changes and initiatives, both regional and global
- Written communications
- Drive for Results
- Comfort around higher management
- Motivating Others
- Timely Decision Making
- Managing and Measuring Work
Knowledge and Proficiencies:
- Fluent written and spoken English
- You display a strong work ethic, are able to multi-task and prioritize projects, tasks and
assignments while maintaining consistent high standards and sometimes working to tight
- You are an effective communicator with a natural flair for detail and accuracy and the skill to
collaborate with other members of the team in effective communications skills and techniques
- Demonstrated ability to solve problems and work collaboratively
- Excellent organisational, communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to direct and motivate others
- Ability to lead through vision and values
- Skill in focusing on desired results, determining what is important and urgent, clarifying next
steps, and delegating effectively to meet deadlines and achieve desired results.
- Strong working knowledge of external systems, PC based internet and software applications
(Internet, Microsoft Office – Outlook, Word, Excel)
- Experience with digital communications strategies
- 5 years’ experience in communications, event management, employee engagement, and / or
- Experience working with global cross-functional organisations
- Experience working with senior executives
- Experience working in a team located remotely
Education requirements:Bachelor Degree or equivalent work experience required
We're a purpose-driven company whose beliefs are the foundation for how we conduct business every day. We hold ourselves to our One Team Behaviors which demand that we hold the highest ethical standards, to empower an open and diverse workplace, and strive to treat everyone who is touched by our business with dignity and respect. Our employees challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. We want to break down barriers to financial empowerment. Join us as we change the way the world defines financial freedom.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.