location Norwalk, Connecticut, United States
Role Summary:The Securitization Accountant will be responsible for supporting securitization activities and reviews. The role will be responsible for monthly accounting for settlements across multiple platforms, account reconciliation preparation and review, monthly and quarterly processes and supporting Sarbanes Oxley (SOX) processes.
- Execute on controllership deliverables for Capital Markets structures (i.e. journal entry preparation and review, external reporting, cash settlement, client management, local accounting compliance and governance, closing & reporting and intercompany activities).
- Identify and execute upon controllership simplification and process improvement opportunities. Coordinate with controllership and finance teams to ensure
consistency and compliance with Sarbanes Oxley (SOX) and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
Participate in readiness workstreams for all new issuances as well as preparation of monthly settlement activities and processes. Manage accounting requirements
within ABS Suite securitization structures subledger.
Coordinate accounting matters with various stakeholders in other departments and locations.
- Provide operational support to the global finance controllership teams during the monthly, quarterly and annual financial close process including preparation of
financial disclosure schedules.
- Prepare and review monthly and quarterly accounting reconciliations.
Prepare and conduct analysis of financial statements. Review and verify the accuracy of journal entries and accounting classification. Proactively signal and resolve errors.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance from an accredited university or college.
- Minimum 2 years’ of experience in finance or accounting positions.
- Certified Public Accountant or equivalent certification.
Financial Management Program (FMP), Corporate Audit Staff (CAS), or Controllership Development Program (CDP) grad.
- Demonstrated oral and written communication skills and ability to work cross functionally.
- Ability to work diligently under pressure and manage competing priorities.
Proficient use of financial systems and Microsoft Office (e.g. Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- Strong analytical skills, ability to influence colleagues and facilitate meetings.
- Ability to anticipate , identify, and resolve complex financial issues.
- Financial experience.
- Public Accounting/Audit experience.
Experience with Oracle Applications and managing projects.
About Us:Working Capital Solutions (WCS) leverages the
financial solutions and industry expertise of GE Capital to offer Accounts
Receivable management on a global basis to GE and its affiliates. We offer a
full range of Accounts Receivable management capabilities, including financing solutions
through our world class people, processes and technologies.
WCS is committed to global diversity by employing the
brightest minds in the world to help us create limitless ideas and solve tough
challenges. We provide employees with opportunities to reach their growth
potential and contribute to the progress of the communities we serve.
achievements reflect a culture of meritocracy where every employee can be a
leader. We believe that when one person grows and improves, we can all grow and
improve — and together, we all rise. GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.