Description:Directs all TPMG financial functions and processes at a Medical Center including budgeting, monthly reporting, physician payroll, financial and operational analytic support, referrals processing, and maintenance of financial controls. Provides direction to the Medical Center in support of TPMG strategic finance initiatives and goals. Leads and manages complex finance projects, working collaboratively with TPMG and KFH leaders. Leads and manages the financial and analytic resources of TPMG Financial Services at the Medical Center. Serves as a key member of the Medical Center leadership team in developing Medical Center strategies and areas of performance focus. Provides leadership support for various operational functions as appropriate at the Medical Center. Directs all efforts to ensure highest customer/sponsor satisfaction.
- Serves as an expert consultant to Medical Center executive leadership on major and highly complex healthcare issues with strategic importance to KP Provides leadership and direction for the department in accordance with the overall strategic direction of Financial Services.
- Serves as the liaison, between TPMG Financial Services and the Medical Center leadership team.
- Works with medical center leadership to develop and maintain an environment of financial accountability, including a focus on internal controls, corporate compliance and revenue capture.
- Communicates information strategically, delivering results-oriented messages.
- Communicates information strategically, delivering results-oriented messages and securing audience's commitment to act.
- Actively monitors TPMG operational and financial performance to anticipate and meet the needs of TPMG leadership.
- Supports Medical Center leadership in making operational changes and improving performance.
- Actively works to optimize savings and revenue for the Medical Center.
- Engages fully in TPMG and KFH operational and financial performance, anticipating and meeting the needs of TPMG medical center leadership.
- Drives for changes in work products and processes that will improve departmental efficiencies and effectiveness.
- Provides ongoing training for Chiefs and Managers on use of available performance data and information.
- Applies thorough understanding of TPMG's key business processes to effectively anticipate and address the longer-term implications of decisions/actions.
- Manages all steps of major projects or processes and adjusts planned approach as required.
- Develops staff and relationships with TPMG and KFH/HP leadership to obtain high value performance in a collaborative work environment.
- Facilitates the ongoing learning, well-being, professional satisfaction and development of staff through training, work assignments, increased responsibility/autonomy and mentoring.
- Minimum seven (7) years of directly related financial experience with analytically challenging projects.
- Minimum three (3) years of general management experience.
- Bachelor's degree in business administration, economics, finance, accounting, or related field.
Licenses, Certifications, Registrations
- Substantially knowledgeable in one or more of the following: quantitative analysis, financial analysis, healthcare economics, information systems, organizational development, health care delivery systems, project management or new business development.
- Knowledgeable of applicable federal and state laws and regulations related to the healthcare industry.
- Excellent communications, presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Manages through influence and collaboration.
- Excellent skills in complex analytic problem solving, strategic planning, program development, project management, change management and group process.
- Demonstrated effectiveness in staff development, team building, conflict resolution, and group interaction.
- Proficient with Microsoft office (i.e., Excel, Word, Powerpoint).
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
- Experience with SAS and/or other fourth generation analytic support tools preferred.
- Master's degree highly preferred.
- CPA highly preferred.
Primary Location: California,Vallejo,Vallejo Medical Offices 975 Sereno Dr.Scheduled Weekly Hours: 40Shift: VariableWorkdays: Mon - FriWorking Hours Start: VariableWorking Hours End: VariableJob Schedule: Full-timeJob Type: StandardEmployee Status: RegularEmployee Group/Union Affiliation: Salaried, Non-Union, ExemptJob Level: Director/Senior DirectorJob Category: Accounting, Finance and Actuarial ServicesSpecialty: FinanceDepartment: TPMG Medical Office ControllersTravel: Yes, 20 % of the Time Kaiser Permanente is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry, disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information, other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or any other protected status.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.