This is an on call temporary position for Raytheon
This position is located in Tucson, AZ
This position requires a current DoD Secret Clearance
Job Description: The current Navy airborne test and evaluation (T&E) asset will be retired by NLT 2019. To continue to support the T&E objectives and mission at Naval Base Ventura County (NBVC) Pt Mugu in concert with the Sea Range, the Navy has purchased a single, multi-mission asset to replace the aging NP-3D aircraft. The new Telemetry Range Support Aircraft (TRSA) is a G550 that will be modified by in Tucson, AZ to achieve the requirements for TRSA. The TRSA aircraft will be FAA certified, and so requires the services of a subject matter expert in the area of FAA certification. The aircraft is currently being maintained at a hangar in Tucson until the modification program starts.
Three roles make up this position:
- Designated Airworthiness Representative herein referred to as a DAR
- Director of the FAA Tucson Repair Station
- Chief Inspector / Quality Manager of the Tucson FAA Repair Station.
These activities include:
- The DAR’s responsibility will be to assist Management as required. Additionally, the FAA DAR will be required to make conformity decision on parts and equipment required to support the Supplemental Type Certificate (STC) application for the aircraft. The DAR will be responsible for submitting conformity findings to the appropriate FAA POC as required. There will be occasional travel associated with this requirement.
- The Director of the Tucson Repair Station will serve as the Accountability Manager as defined in 14 CFR 145 of the Federal Aviation regulations for the Tucson Certified Repair Station. This requirement will include visits to the Tucson Repair Station as required and will require travel as the FAA or RSA program may require.
- The Chief Inspector / Quality Manager of the Tucson FAA Repair Station. As an FAA certified Airframe and Powerplant (A&P) Mechanic with Inspector Authorization (IA), the Chief Inspector will provide overall quality personnel management. This oversight and direction will ensure compliance with applicable FAA Regulations, FAA Operating Limitations, and the FAA approved procedures as outlined in the Tucson FAA Repair Station Manual.
This program is currently in the aircraft maintenance phase until the modification program begins. So the services defined in this requisition apply only to the maintenance and preservation of the aircraft during this phase.
The performer of these services must be based in the Tucson AZ area so that no travel costs are necessary.
- FAA certified Airframe and Powerplant (A&P) Mechanic with Inspector Authorization (IA)
- 10 years of experience working with 14 CFR 145 - FAA Repair Stations
- 10 years of experience working with DCMA Instruction 8210 Aircraft Operations
Experience with Gulfstream G550 aircraft
BS in Aeronautics or Engineering
This position requires either a U.S. person or a non-U.S. person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization
Business Unit Profile
Intelligence, Information and Services delivers innovative technology to make the world a safer place. Our expertise in cyber, analytics and automation allow us to reach beyond what others think is possible to underpin national security and give our global customers unique solutions to solve the most pressing modern challenges -- from the cyber domain to automated operations, and from intelligent transportation and training solutions to creating clear insight from large volumes of data. IIS operates at nearly 550 sites in 80 countries, and is headquartered in Dulles, Virginia. The business area generated $6.2 billion in 2018 revenues. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
Secret - Current
Type Of Job
Temporary - Part Time
AZ - Tucson
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.