US - Sunnyvale
As Verizon’s media unit, our brands like Yahoo, TechCrunch and HuffPost help people stay informed and entertained, communicate and transact, while creating new ways for advertisers and partners to connect. With technologies like XR, AI, machine-learning, and 5G, we’re transforming media for tomorrow, too. We're creators and coders, dreamers and doers creating what's next in content, advertising and technology.
A Lot About You:You will be part of a high performing Global Diversity & Inclusion team with specific responsibility for program management of diversity and inclusion initiatives and activations. A demonstrated interest in event planning, program management and community development is required, and a commitment to diversity and inclusion is essential. The ideal intern candidate will be both agile on the ground working in partnership with our D&I, Talent Development and Talent Acquisition teams.
- Help drive and deliver global Diversity & Inclusions programs, such as Unconscious Bias Trainings.
- Serve as an internal community liaison to develop partnerships and to promote diversity and inclusion
- Support event planning and partnership strategies across external D&I conferences and events.
- Work cross functionally with Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) on execution of community pillar events such as Pride Month activations.
- Maintain relationships with external organizations (organizations, university groups, industry groups) that align with our Diversity goals
- Manage internal and external communications in regards to our Diversity and Inclusion initiatives, including the monthly newsletter with a distribution of 5k+ employees.
- Tracking strategies and evaluate the impact of programs;
- Make recommendations for program enhancement and improvement.
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor's degree as a Junior or Senior, with a graduation date of December 2020 or May 2021
- Interest in Diversity & Inclusion and Program Management, Instructional Design
- Previous exposure to D&I and Event planning ideal, but not a must
- Experience with project management and project coordination
- Experience with facilitation or public speaking
- Experience using social media such as LinkedIn and Instagram for branding / marketing purposes
- Excellent client service skills and ability to build rapport with teams at all levels
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with others both inside and outside the organization
- Demonstrated business acumen, business partnering skills and results orientation
- Solid organizational skills and detail orientation
- Ability to manage multiple priorities
- Highly flexible, ability to execute well in a fast-paced, rapidly evolving organization
Verizon Media is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category. Verizon Media is dedicated to providing an accessible environment for all candidates during the application process and for employees during their employment. If you need accessibility assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability, please submit a request via the Accommodation Request Form (https://www.verizonmedia.com/careers/contact-us.html) or call 408-336-1409. Requests and calls received for non-disability related issues, such as following up on an application, will not receive a response.
Currently work for Verizon Media? Please apply on our internal career site.