What is the opportunity?RBC is embarking on a new digital platform to support growth opportunities in the US. We are looking for a high-energized individual to join our program team to support project activities. This is a high paced work environment, with multiple projects to oversee as we also start up a new operating model to support delivery activities in an agile environment.
The IT Project Manager leads and oversees execution of the defined initiative to ensure program strategic goals or objectives are accomplished within approved time frames, scope, and budget. Projects being managed may be in the waterfall or agile methodology and requires technology insight and oversight to manage numerous external vendors to implement a solution. May independently manage strategic, critical or very large projects, as well oversee Scrum teams.
What will you do?
- Integrates project plans at program level creating estimating models as required, refines plan and manages performance against it
- Communicates with C-suit on program status and activities
- Oversees the production of management documents (Business Scope, Business & Operational Assessment and Final Project Profile)
- Manages end to end testing activities
- Partners with leadership to ensure collaboration on all levels of the program
- Planning initiative execution tasks through to implementations
- Manages change that increases the productivity of the team
- Responsible to manage and communicate the status and progress of assigned initiatives according to the program governance
- Resolves complex issues and conflicts (including architectural direction vs. project constraints); escalates to executive level where required
- Resolves ambiguity within project
- Champions strong governance in the program decision framework; ensures all key stakeholders are informed of status, risks, issues, and are aligned on timing and scope
- Manages program scope using appropriate fact-based metrics/assumptions
- Facilitates the integration of technology solutions
- Promotes innovative or improved methods to get the work done and implements best practices
- Understands the business sponsor’s vision and ensures it is communicated and upheld throughout the project (in scope and design)
- Contributes toward business results as a partner/influencer
- Participates in schedule and cost forecasting in determining risk based provisions
What do you need to bring?Must Have
- Demonstrated effective leadership, project management and analytical skills
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills for executive level interactions
- Strong communication skills, ability to manage multiple cross organizational teams
- Knowledge of relevant technology solutions for a direct bank
- Proven ability to work with both technical and non-technical resources
Nice to have
- PMP Certification
- Scrum Master Certification
- MS Project experience
- Experience with JIRA for tracking team velocity
What’s in it for you?We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- Leaders who support your development through coaching and managing opportunities
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
- A world-class training program in financial services
- Flexible work/life balance options
- Choice of computer: Windows or Mac
- Casual dress code
- Agile work environment
- Work with a highly engaged and motivated team
Join our Talent Community
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. Sign up and get customized info on our latest jobs, career tips and Recruitment events that matter to you.
Expand your limits and create a new future together at RBC. Find out how we use our passion and drive to enhance the well-being of our clients and communities at
Address:8081 Arco Corporate Drive
Employment Type:Regular - U.S.
Career Level:Experienced Hire/Professional
Required Travel (%):0-25