SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
COMMUNICATIONS INTEGRATION ENGINEER (STARLINK)With performance that far surpasses that of traditional satellite internet, and a global network unbounded by ground infrastructure limitations, Starlink will deliver high speed broadband internet to locations where access has been unreliable, expensive, or completely unavailable. As a member of the integration/test team, this position will play a critical role for integrating, testing, and evaluating the functional performance, reliability, and robustness of a complex satellite communication network. You will integrate the communication system components on satellite and ground station. You will explore, assess, track, and report performance status to project leaders. You will implement tools to conduct, track, and improve testing processes and effectiveness. You will ensure that satellites and ground network provide the best possible communications system performance while also ensuring compliance with our operating licenses.
- Integrate communications and networking component systems
- Develop intermediate and prototype technologies to accelerate integration and development
- Create test plans, templates and strategies for block and system level tests, to test integrated broadband communications solutions for both function and performance
- Write scripts using common scripting languages
- Develop, maintain and extend test automation infrastructure
- Maintain and continuously improve test collateral and processes, continuous integration
- Execute functional testing, system testing, regression and performance testing, in the laboratory and in the field
- Configure test equipment for operation, satellite link emulator, network emulator, etc
- Interpret test automation results and track new and existing test failures
- Work with component design teams to remedy test failures and improve performance
- Prepare reports documenting test results, test coverage and other KPI metrics, and communicate issues effectively with developers and managers
- Keep abreast of latest advances in networking, test, and automation practices
- Bachelor's degree in an engineering or technical discipline
- Experience with design, programming, or integration and test of hardware (internship experience is applicable)
- Experience with Linux and Linux networking administration
- Experience using Python
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Master's degree in computer science, computer engineering or electrical engineering
- Familiar with lab test equipment such as spectrum analyzers, vector signal analyzers, vector signal generator, satellite link emulator/channel emulator, network analyzers, packet load modules, and network emulators
- Good understanding of networking fundamentals
- Familiarity with RF design and diagnostics
- Experience in creating test plans, setting up testbeds, and executing test plans
- Familiar with large software projects and version control tools Git/Gerrit, SVN
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Ability to work independently
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.