Job ID: JR0144111
Job Category: Public Affairs
Primary Location: Phoenix, AZ US
Job Type: Experienced Hire
Arizona Government Affairs ManagerJob Description
Join Intel-and build a better tomorrow. Intel is in the midst of an exciting transformation, with a vision to create and extend computing technology to connect and enrich the lives of every person on Earth. So join us-and help us create the next generation of technologies that will shape the future for decades to come.
Corporate Services (CS) touches the lives of every Intel employee every day. CS creates an environment where employees can prosper while creating the innovative technologies that make amazing possible. Our scope is vast and includes operating and maintaining all Intel sites, offices, labs and factories globally as well as onsite services and onsite services and experiences that help employees stay safe and productive.
CS also helps to make Intel and our community a greener place by supporting Intel's commitment to environmental sustainability, including investing in conservation projects, setting company-wide environmental targets and driving reductions in greenhouse emissions, energy use, water use and waste generation.
As a member of Intel's Global Public Affairs (GPA) team, the Arizona (AZ) Government Affairs Manager is responsible for developing and implementing strategic engagements with local and state officials, business and regulatory agencies, and key business associations to protect Intel's license to operate, enhance Intel's reputation and ability to influence, and promote a favorable business environment that enables growth.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Develop and execute strategic plans and programs that comprehensively address current and future business and regulatory needs, challenges and opportunities for the AZ sites.
- Build, maintain and enhance the relationship with key decision makers within local and state government and its functional agencies, facilitate Intel management's engagement with them and communicate effectively on Intel's business plans, joint development initiatives as well as issues and support needed.
- Monitor and track state legislation and activities within the local and state government that could impact Intel's AZ operation.
- Proactively research policies to see what trends or changes could be advantageous or negatively impact the sites' future.
- Keep Intel management abreast of any policy changes or activities that could present challenges and opportunities to Intel.
- Support site operations and business development by addressing these issues and influencing their outcome.
- Represent Intel at local and state industry forums and events ensuring good communication and mutual understanding of AZ site needs and objectives.
- Represent global public affairs among internal audiences and effectively communicate GPA objectives and needs.
- Expert in Intel's business environment and technologies to translate these to external audiences.
- Ensures relevancy by "connecting-the-dots" and effectively map Intel's business objectives to external trends.
- Handles confidential information frequently and appropriately.
- Manages, coordinates, and communicates complex and sometimes controversial issues clearly.
The successful candidate should exhibit the following behavioral traits:
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
- Think strategically.
- Public speaking and communication skills.
- Willingness to work under pressure within a team environment and with all levels of management, as well as work independently and proactively with minimal direction.
What we offer:
- We give you opportunities to transform technology and create a better future, by delivering products that touch the lives of every person on earth.
- As a global leader in innovation and new technology, we foster a collaborative, supportive, and exciting environment-where the brightest minds in the world come together to achieve exceptional results.
- We offer a competitive salary and financial benefits such as bonuses, life and disability insurance, opportunities to buy Intel stock at a discounted rate, and Intel stock awards (eligibility at the discretion of Intel Corporation).
- We provide benefits that promote a healthy, enjoyable life: excellent medical plans, wellness programs and amenities, flexible work hours, time off, recreational activities, discounts on various products and services, and many more creative perks that make Intel a Great Place to Work!
- We're constantly working on making a more connected and intelligent future, and we need your help. Change tomorrow. Start today.
You must possess the below minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position. Preferred qualifications are in addition to the minimum requirements and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates.
- This U.S. position is open to U.S. Workers Only. A U.S. Worker is someone who is either a U.S. Citizen, U.S. National, U.S. Lawful Permanent Resident, or a person granted Refugee or Asylum status by the U.S. Government. Intel will not sponsor a foreign national for this position.
- Bachelors or Master’s degree in government affairs, public relations, program management/project management, communications, marketing or related field
9+years of work experience for a Bachelor’s degree or 6+years of work experience for a Master’s degree in:
- Local and state government organization and legislative processes, including regulatory and tax policy.
- Project management and stakeholder management.
- Business environment and technologies.
As the world's largest chip manufacturer, Intel strives to make every facet of semiconductor manufacturing state-of-the-art -- from semiconductor process development and manufacturing, through yield improvement to packaging, final test and optimization, and world class Supply Chain and facilities support. Employees in the Technology and Manufacturing Group are part of a worldwide network of design, development, manufacturing, and assembly/test facilities, all focused on utilizing the power of Moore’s Law to bring smart, connected devices to every person on Earth
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender, gender expression, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by local law, regulation, or ordinance.
Primary Location: Phoenix, AZ US