Job DescriptionWe are looking to grow the data team within Northvolt Software Engineering & AI. Our factories, batteries and R&D laboratories are producing large amounts of heterogenous data that get uploaded to our home-grown cloud platform, and are then processed, organized, and ready for analysis. Working within the data team, you will partner and collaborate with cross-functional stakeholders across Northvolt. As a Data Engineer, you will contribute directly to solving problems, enable discovery of insights, and build a reliably performant data platform. We use technology and data to co-develop solutions that matter, and welcome applicants who are motivated to make a personal impact while being part of an excellent and supportive team.
We are searching for someone passionate about designing and building cloud data platforms for both batch and streaming data ingested from our connected factories and our customers' connected battery systems. You have experience with data at scale and are comfortable developing systems given varying requirements in data volume, variety, velocity and latency. We are looking for a curious life-long learner who takes ownership and is eager to collaborate to build better products. This role is a vital member of the Software Engineering & AI team and is key to Northvolt's mission to enable the future of energy.
Key responsibilities include
- Design, maintain and monitor cloud architectures comprised of databases, data lakes and ETL systems
- Predict future data-related bottlenecks. Plan and deploy data achitecture and processes accordingly to suit changing requirements with rapidly increasing scale
- Recommend specific technology solutions suitable for Northvolt's particular conditions and ambitions
- Build and optimize big data pipelines for processing large-scale raw data streams from IoT devices
- Define efficient and flexible schemas and make data accessible to technical and non-technical stakeholders
Apply with CV and cover letter or your complete LinkedIn profile.
Full-time employment, fixed salary.
Skills & RequirementsPreferred Experience
- Linux/*NIX environments and version control
- Data serialization, transfer protocols and file formats
- Cloud (AWS/GCP/Azure): Data storage, processing, and compute technologies
- Data Transformation and WMS (e.g. Spark/Flink/Beam, Luigi/Airflow)
- Data Modeling (e.g. (de)normalization for OLTP/OLAP)
- Very good understanding of SQL and NoSQL databases
Not Required (but bonus points)
- [Bonus] Kubernetes and/or Serverless infrastructure
- [Bonus] Real-time time-series data within (Industrial) IoT applications
- [Bonus] Manufacture industry and/or Li-ion technology experience
- [Bonus] Engineering foundation understanding (electro/mechanical/chemical/physical), preferably within the energy domain
- [Bonus] Web services to expose data to consumers
- [Bonus] Python: Data analysis and visualization (jupyter, pandas, matplotlib/seaborn/bokeh/plotly etc.)
- Excellent English written and oral communication skills
- Independent, organized and entrepreneurial
- Passionate team collaborator that can thrive in a diverse international environment (70+ nationalities and counting)
- Qualities that we value are flexibility, sense of quality, friendliness, motivation to take on new challenges, grit and a sense of humor