Building the present, creating the future
BAM Ritchies are seeking a Data Engineer to manage ground investigation data relating to site based works, spanning projects in a wide range of sectors including energy, development and infrastructure across the UK. There is also an opportunity to be involved in the ongoing development of field capture systems and data management systems generally across the BAM Ritchies business.
The base of operations will be from one of our regional offices, reporting to the Data Manager for Ground Investigation with major project site works throughout Scotland and England. Offfices exist throughout he UK so with combination of home working and travel, home location can be flexible.
Your key activities will include:
- Ensure implementation of BAM Ritchies Data Management procedures
- Production and implementation of Data Management Plans in line with project requirements
- Managing ground investigation data, including site records, in-situ testing and laboratory test results
- Compilation and checking of ground information, laboratory testing and log descriptions
- Production and validation of high quality AGS 4 data
- Production of reports
- Planning and preparation for ground investigation projects, either independently or as part of a team for larger projects
- Developing and maintaining a good working relationship with the customer, their design team and supply chain
- Maintain high personal safety and environmental standards
- Identification of commercial and technical change and addressing these issues with the customer
- Keeping up to date with developments in the industry and changes to technical standards
Who are we looking for?
You should have an enthusiasm for managing geotechnical data and field capture solutions to meet the ever-evolving requirements of major infrastructure clients. An academic background in either Geology or Civil Engineering is preferable, with experience in the field of ground investigation and geotechnical data management. Applicants should have previous experience with geotechnical software and in depth knowledge of the AGS 4 data format.
The following are prerequisites for the role:
- Technically strong in ground investigation as well as practically aware
- Understanding of various ground investigation drilling techniques
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels
- Knowledge of the AGS 4 Data Format, experience with geotechnical software or databases such as Holebase SI / Bentley Openground
- Competent with Excel and capable of data manipulation
- Attention to detail and good analytical skills
- Desire to pursue innovation and development
- Willing to work at locations throughout the UK
Preferably the candidate will also have :
- Knowledge of AutoCAD/Civil3D
- Experience with document management systems such as Projectwise
- A basic knowledge of programming languages
- Competence in buried and overhead service clearance
What’s in it for you?
We offer an attractive salary and benefits package including car/allowance, matched pension contributions, life and ill health insurance, private healthcare, 26 days holiday, 2 wellbeing days and 1 volunteering day.
We strive to assist people working towards professional accreditation and have strong links with the main institutions.
There exists occasional opportunity to support the wider BAM business with international ground risk evaluation. There are also opportunities to gain experience in our other departments— geotechnical construction, drill and blast, laboratories—or even within the wider BAM business.
Who are we?
BAM Nuttall is one of Royal BAM Group’s ten operating companies. One of Europe’s largest contractors, along with BAM Construct UK and BAM PPP in the UK, we offer safe and secure employment and opportunities for our people to develop exceptional skills and experience, and harness innovation to build sustainable infrastructure.
We work collaboratively, forming strong alliances with our customers, supply chain and industry. As a well-run profitable business, we aim to achieve a net positive impact on society and the planet. Our heritage lies in changing cities towns and communities for the better. Acting as a responsible employer and partner has shaped who we are.
BAM Nuttall is committed to equality, and our employment practices support inclusivity and work-life balance, including flexible hours; accessibility support; investment in training and technology; mentoring and people networks; fair opportunities