Are you interested in joining one of the leading consulting companies? Creating value for customers, people and societies world-wide? Can you add to our success, while also developing your career and reputation? Then join us in designing the future!
JOIN COWI INTERNATIONAL'S TEAMWith over 93 offices worldwide, COWI is a leading international consulting group. As a member of the UK team, you'll join our skilled experts and support projects across the transportation and energy sectors, including railways, highways, bridges, tunnels and marine.
Living up to our values is a priority in the way we work. We collaborate with our customers, partners and colleagues to create better solutions while delivering on our promises project by project. We are curious and courageous as we pursue new knowledge and insights. Most importantly, we care about our planet, our customers and our colleagues as we collaborate to shape tomorrow’s societies.
DESIGN THE FUTURE WITH A GLOBAL TEAM OF EXPERTSAs a Graduate Engineer, you'll be part of COWI UK’s Energy and Marine team providing geotechnical design for major infrastructure schemes.
On a day-to-day basis, you'll be responsible for:
- Producing engineering designs and details in accordance with project requirements
- Preparing calculations, undertake modelling, write reports and check drawings
- Checking design calculations and drawings done by other engineers
- With the support of your project manager, plan and prioritise your workload, reporting back on progress against a project budget and programme.
- Be responsible for delivering your own work to a high technical standard, ensuring accuracy through a diligent and conscientious approach to self-checking.
- Attending site visits or client meetings as required
YOUR SKILLS. OUR TEAM. TOGETHER, WE DESIGN THE FUTURE
To succeed in this position, we believe that you'll be an open and honest person who is eager to collaborate with others while keeping our clients engaged. You'll pursue new insights and constantly explore new ways to improve while caring for and respecting our clients, your colleagues and the planet we live on.
- Hold a Master's degree either in Civil, Structural or Geotechnical Engineering and aspire to become a Chartered Engineer. Experience of working in a design environment (including a year in industry or summer placements) is preferable but not essential.
- Be able to demonstrate a deep understanding and passion for engineering and a personal commitment to technical excellence.
- Have the ability to work in a multi-disciplinary team.