Remote - USA
HubSpot is looking for a corporate attorney to become a key member of the Corporate Team within HubSpot’s rapidly growing and dynamic Legal and Compliance Team. The Corporate Team partners with a diverse cross-section of key leaders across the business, including Corporate Development, Finance, Tax, IR, FP&A, and People Operations, to provide business-oriented legal advice on a wide range of matters, including corporate governance, SEC compliance, M&A and strategic investments, debt and equity offerings, international expansion, real estate, and ESG. The HubSpot Ventures corporate venture capital group is growing especially quickly and this attorney will play a key role in supporting its expansion. This role will report to our Assistant General Counsel; it will be based in the U.S. and is remote eligible.
In this role, you’ll get to:
- Partner closely with the Corporate Development team and other key leaders across the business on important strategic initiatives and transactions
- Be the legal lead for all aspects of M&A, including conducting due diligence and drafting, reviewing, and negotiating transaction-related documents
- Serve as the primary business partner for HubSpot Ventures to review and negotiate strategic investments, follow-on investments, and investment fund matters
- Drive the legal integration efforts for newly acquired businesses
- Develop initiatives for improving internal processes, form agreements, playbooks, and service levels related to M&A and strategic investments
- Lead debt and treasury transactions, including term loans and revolving credit facilities, public debt offerings and stock repurchases; support ongoing maintenance of debt
- Assist with public company reporting, including coordination of Exchange Act filings (8-K, 10-K and 10-Q), registration statements (including Form S-8), Section 16 reporting compliance, and compliance with NYSE listing standards
- Support other legal matters on the Corporate Team as-needed
We are looking for someone who:
- Has 7+ years of relevant transactional and M&A experience at a law firm and/or with an in-house legal team at a public company
- Are admitted to practice law in the United States
- Has the ability to operate independently, exercise judgment and to be comfortable providing advice to senior leaders from within and outside of the Legal & Compliance team
- Is a self-starter with exceptional organizational and project management skills and has meticulous attention to detail
- Has strong interpersonal skills, and ability to communicate and collaborate with individuals at all levels in and out of the company
- Possesses the ability to problem solve and think critically with minimal supervision
- Has common sense, great judgment, and a good sense of humor
- Is able to handle a broad range of subject matters and work efficiently and effectively in a crazy fast-paced, and transparent environment
- Is capable of making decisions and providing advice/explaining the rationale for the decisions to a curious and empowered team
- Develops strong relationships based on trust with team members
- Effectively prioritizes tasks and meet established deadlines
- Possesses strong communication skills, especially via an internal wiki, Slack and Zoom (it’s how we communicate)
- Wants to learn quickly through self-education and collaboration
- Is passionate about the values in the HubSpot Culture Code
We know the confidence gap and imposter syndrome can get in the way of meeting spectacular candidates, so please don’t hesitate to apply — we’d love to hear from you.
About HubSpotHubSpot (NYSE: HUBS) is a leading customer relationship management (CRM) platform that provides software and support to help businesses grow better. We build marketing, sales, service, and website management products that start free and scale to meet our customers’ needs at any stage of growth. We’re also building a company culture that empowers people to do their best work through. If that sounds like something you’d like to be part of, we’d love to hear from you.
You can find out more about our company culture in the HubSpot Culture Code, which has more than 5M views, and learn about our commitment to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace, too. Thanks to the work of every employee globally, HubSpot was named the #4 Best Place to Work on Glassdoor in 2021, and has been recognized for award-winning culture by Great Place to Work, Comparably, Fortune, Entrepreneur, Inc., and more.
Headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts, HubSpot was founded in 2006. Today, thousands of employees work across the globe in HubSpot offices and remotely. Visit our careers website to learn more about culture and opportunities at HubSpot.
By submitting your application, you agree that HubSpot may collect your personal data for recruiting, global organization planning, and related purposes. HubSpot's Privacy Notice explains what personal information we may process, where we may process your personal information, our purposes for processing your personal information, and the rights you can exercise over HubSpot’s use of your personal information.