Proposal Analysis Manager- Join us in Dallas, Texas!
TX - Dallas
At Raytheon Missiles & Defense, you have the opportunity to try new things and make a bigger difference across a broader end-to-end solution, a richer technology and product set, an expanded range of disciplines, a growing global footprint and a more diverse team of colleagues and customers.
An excellent opportunity exists within the Estimating & Pricing Organization for a Manager Proposal Analysis for Raytheon Precision Manufacturing (RPM). The qualified candidate will manage a team of analysts, as well as lead and coordinate support for proposal activity supporting Raytheon Missile & Defense (RMD) for RPM. This position provides a tremendous growth opportunity for an ambitious individual to collaborate with the program leadership team, as well as Program / Capture Managers, Finance, Technical Leads, and functional support. In addition, this role will provide the opportunity to increase exposure to multiple facets of not only the finance organization but also RPM growing product portfolio and strategic endeavors.
The Estimating & Pricing organization is responsible for the preparation of various types of proposals for development, competitive, change order, and follow-on production contracts. In addition, the Estimating Organization supports gate reviews, Government audits, and negotiations with the customer.
Responsibilities to Anticipate:
- Proactively lead/support all estimating activities across the RPM portfolio;
- Ensure proposal alignment with the financial objectives of program directors and program managers across the RPM portfolio (proposal priorities, booking priorities, pricing strategies, etc.);
- Develop, deploy, and rebalance team of 4-5 Analysts as needed to ensure all program proposal needs are adequately supported;
- Develop creative strategic approaches to product pricing with an emphasis on affordability;
- Review and approve all RPM Gate 4 packages to ensure sound basis for estimates, appropriate risks/opportunities, and accurate calculations; and
- Ensure compliance with FAR and internal estimating requirements (primarily FAR 15.408, Table 15-2).
- Demonstrate and communicate a thorough understanding of the current regulatory environment relative to the submission of cost proposals to the Government (FAR, DFARS, TINA, CAS).
- Perform thorough compliance audits of cost proposals with checklist and analyze BOEs, BOMs, IOTs, and other supporting proposal artifacts as required to ensure reasonableness, adequacy, and compliance.
- Support DCAA/DCMA proposal audits, including all Requests for Information (RFIs).
- Facilitate and actively participate in the walk through of cost proposals for DCAA/DCMA.
- Research and analyze historical data and cost models as they relate to proposal compliance.
- Participate in creation and presentation of Estimating & Pricing Training Material.
- Collaborate with and integrate the RPM Material Pricing group into the overall RPM proposal process to drive synergy and efficiency.
Qualifications You Must Have:
- Bachelor’s Degree Finance, Accounting, Economics, Business Administration, Mathematics or related degree
- 8+ years related experience
- Prior Estimating & Pricing experience with demonstrable knowledge of FAR, DFARS, CAS, TINA, and Government Acquisition regulations
Qualifications We Value:
- Must be able to effectively organize and lead teams to support Estimating System maintenance, training, and consistency.
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to problem solve.
- Prior experience developing cost proposals and providing negotiations support.
- Have a thorough understanding of Estimating Systems, corporate accounting structure and the ability to support Estimating System audits
- Working knowledge of Advanced Company Estimating System (ACES)
- Working knowledge of E&P & Accounting structure and policy
- Working knowledge of SAP (APEX/PRISM)
- Detail oriented
What We Offer:
Whether you’re just starting out on your career journey or are an experienced professional, we offer a robust total rewards package that goes above and beyond with compensation; healthcare, wellness, retirement and work/life benefits; career development and recognition programs. Some of the first class benefits we offer include parental (including paternal) leave, flexible work schedules, achievement awards, educational assistance and child/adult backup care.
This position requires either a U.S. Person or Non- U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.
Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Missiles & Defense produces a broad portfolio of advanced technologies, including air and missile defense systems, precision weapons, radars, and command and control systems – delivering end-to-end solutions to detect, track and engage threats. Headquartered in Tucson, Arizona, the business generated $16 billion in pro forma annual revenue in 2019 and has 30,000 employees globally. Raytheon Missiles & Defense is one of four businesses that form Raytheon Technologies Corporation.
Raytheon Missiles & Defense
Type Of Job
Ability to Telecommute
Temporary telecommuting - during COVID-19
None / Not Required
U.S. FLSA Classification
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.