Technology & Engineering
Parks & Resorts
The Facility Projects Assistant Manager is to assist the Senior Manger & Manager with the planning and coordination of activities for Maintenance and Construction projects to ensure that goals and objectives of projects are accomplished within prescribed time frames. Responsibilities include client interface, cost & schedule estimating programming, planning, design development and updating, construction document development, construction management, cost control, and financial reporting. This position has the primary responsibility planning, assigning, and reviewing work completed by technicians in a union environment. The responsibilities include daily supervision of the technical services staffs’ work product and coordination of multiple activities and resources including supplies, equipment and resources.
Management of Union Technicians:
- Manages workflow through the department of both routine and assigned tasks and output of the technicians to ensure high show quality
- Directing/scheduling/forecasting activities of approximately eight (80) shared employees in divisions of: Construction, Paint, Plumbing, Sign Shop, Mill and Electrical groups within the Technical Services FMC Department
- Managing and directing hourly union staff in accurately reporting time via TimeKeeper and correcting any issues
- Manage all safety training metrics and compliance of all employees
- Manage technician onboarding
- Missed punch tracking and reporting, issuance of disciplines as needed
- Leads weekly shift meetings for technicians
Project Execution Group Support:
- Supports daily operation of USH Technical Services Project Execution Group team
- Perform job walks with clients, collect bid estimates from foremen, and solicit bids from subcontractors in order to provide clients with a complete bid package
- Provides client update on project status, completion, change orders, or updates to project or budget
- Communication with Project Manager on status of PEG Technicians on projects
- In field support for and TS representation for PEG Projects, particularly for seasonal events (HHN, Grinchmas, Grad Bash, major project punch list)
- Tracks work completion as compared with project budget and updates clients accordingly
Project Management Support
- Manages activities on assigned projects, including purchasing of materials and following up on vendor payment status and invoice tracking
- Pre-qualification and evaluation of potential vendors. Works with the general contractors, vendors for access, insurance, etc. required to gain access to the site.
- Review of payment applications for general contractor, architect, consultant, and vendor accounts on a monthly basis and provide recommendation for approval or revisions.
- Perform final quality review of all documentation prior to submission for Department approvals (including contract, invoices, bid milestones and funding documents)
- Manage selected project subcontractors in collaboration with Project Manager
- Submit security access for vendors as required
- Collaborate with project controls and Project Managers on monthly cost reports, cash flows, and any other needed reporting
- Research and facilitate resolution of project issues in collaboration with Project Managers
General FMC Support
- Closing WOs performed by maintenance technicians
- Compile and distribute weekly F1 schedule
- Purchase materials for Preventative Maintenance and Corrective Maintenance
- Venue Lead Program
- Collecting and maintaining inventory for the department (golf cart, wardrobe, Mill materials)
- Bachelor’s degree from a four year college or university; or equivalent combination of education and experience required.
- 1-2 years of project management/maintenance planning in a theme park or related industry. Project Management certification preferred.
- Familiarity of managing multiple projects and contractors at once including Tenant Improvement, Ground up and Technology projects in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to make accurate quantity surveys and to estimate the cost of materials, labor, equipment, and subcontractor's work, ascertaining that all areas have been accounted for prior to submitting estimate for review.
- Familiarity of equipment, systems, quality control and troubleshooting within the area of responsibility (Electrical, HVAC, Water Treatment, Plumbing, Construction, Painting, Landscape, Construction, Maintenance) as well as Facility Life/Safety Systems and equipment
- Ability & willingness to work overtime, weekends and holidays with short notice
- Experience working with CMMS systems preferred. (Maximo, etc.)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and Project.
- Theme Park Operations knowledge and experience
- Excellent organizational, verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work with all levels of employees and management, and willingness to give assistance to co-workers in other areas. Strong team player.
- Strong interpersonal and analytical skills
- Strong time management skills
- Ability to multi-task and be flexible is essential
- Experience managing in a union environment
- Proficiency in AutoCAD, SketchUp
USH Tech Services
Each day Universal Studios Hollywood creates unforgettable experiences for our guests from around the world. We bring to life the ultimate Hollywood experience with our real working movie studio and heart-pounding rides, shows and attractions that put you inside some of the world’s most popular movies and TV shows. USH offers something for everyone from thrill seekers to movie lovers to family fun for all ages. Our Team Members are passionate individuals who create memorable moments whether it’s on the studio lot, or in our conference rooms, theaters, or kitchens. We believe in the talent of our team members. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives our business to succeed in everything we do across the park. We believe in a culture of family and fun, here you can make a difference and build your career!
NBCUniversal owns and operates over 20 different businesses across 30 countries including a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks and a premium ad-supported streaming service.
Here you can be your authentic self. As a company uniquely positioned to educate, entertain and empower through our platforms, Comcast NBCUniversal stands for including everyone. We strive to foster a diverse and inclusive culture where our employees feel supported, embraced and heard. We believe that our workforce should represent the communities we live in, so that together, we can continue to create and deliver content that reflects the current and ever-changing face of the world. Click here to learn more about Comcast NBCUniversal’s commitment and how we are making an
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.