Job ID: JR0177020
Job Category: Engineering
Primary Location: Hillsboro, OR US
Job Type: College Grad
Software EngineerJob Description
The Microsoft Technology Center within the Systems Architecture and Simulation group is searching for an energetic and passionate Software OS Engineer. In this position you will have the opportunity to learn grow and excel, you will contribute to architecture optimization analysis and debug of operating system software enhancements for operating systems and virtualization products ranging from small form factor devices to high end desktops. You will have opportunity to work with engineering and architecture leads from the product groups at Intel and other partners to help define and enable the next generation technologies to be competitive in performance and power.
Come join our fearless team of risk takers and game changers!
Your Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Developing and implementing OS prototypes analysis performance and responsiveness debug and driving adoption of optimizations for OS products. This will involve performance and responsiveness optimizations and feature enhancements to support Intel's microprocessors chipsets and platforms
- Reviewing and enabling processor and platform features for core OS and virtualization products
- Analyzing and evaluating system and processor errata for current systems and future Intel processors and platforms
- Defining and driving processor and platform features and architecture definition into future Intel processors and platforms
An ideal candidate would exhibit behavioral skills that indicate
- Strong analytical and problem solving capabilities
- Have strong collaboration skills and prefer working in a team
You must possess the below minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position. Preferred qualifications are in addition to the minimum requirements and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates. Experience listed below would be obtained through a combination of your school work/classes/research and/or relevant previous job. This is an entry level position and will be compensated accordingly.
Minimum RequirementsBachelor's or Master's degree in computer science or computer engineering or electrical engineering or related disciplines.
6+ months of experience with:
- C/C++, data structures and algorithms
- Operating Systems and Concepts, Application Program Interface (API)
Preferred QualificationsExperience with x86 Assembly. Inside this Business Group
Intel Architecture, Graphics, and Software (IAGS) brings Intel's technical strategy to life. We have embraced the new reality of competing at a product and solution level—not just a transistor one. We take pride in reshaping the status quo and thinking exponentially to achieve what's never been done before. We've also built a culture of continuous learning and persistent leadership that provides opportunities to practice until perfection and filter ambitious ideas into execution.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender, gender expression, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by local law, regulation, or ordinance.
USCollege GradJR0177020HillsboroIntel Architecture, Graphics, and Software