Join theNorth FaceFamilyThe North Face was built on a love for the outdoors and the desire to enable all types of exploration, for all people, from their backyards to the Himalayas. Over the last 50 years we've lived by our “true north,” the belief that exploration has the power to change us, to challenge us and to help us see the world from new perspectives. To help ignite a global movement of outdoor exploration, love for the natural world and an unwavering commitment to protect it, we welcome and encourage new participants to the outdoors. We extend our reach through support of non-profit organizations, establishing programs that connect participants with close-to-home recreation opportunities, and creating a connection with young leaders, inspiring them to explore and conserve.
As we enter our sixth decade, we pledge to:
- Empower exploration and the thrill of the unknown for as many people as possible.
- Protect the places where we live, play, and operate.
- Evolve the way we make our products by improving our environmental performance and social responsibility in the supply chain.
Position: Technical Developer, Mountain SportsA Technical Developer at The North Face is responsible for driving the development, engineering, fit execution and specifications for innovative, technologically advanced products of the highest level in the Mountain Sports Category.
How You Will Make A DifferenceWhat you will do:
- Manages moderate to high level technical development of assigned styles from design concept through to production-ready hand-off, ensuring both fit and technical engineering meets or exceeds expectation.
- Plans and tracks the development schedule of all products to ensure a timely completion following the pre-determined product development calendar
- Partners with Designers to understand fit intent and aesthetic ensuring translation into proto samples.
- Ensures execution of fit intent and fit consistency through clear analysis, documentation, communication, adherence to fit standards, and use of block patterns
- Develops products, recommends materials, and construction techniques that meet Design expectations and engineer the product to pre-determined gross margin targets, FOB including pre-cost estimates, first costs through to final cost. Provides solutions as necessary
- Schedule and Lead sample fit meetings with assistant of technical development, key Designers and Development partners, with or without supervision
- Creates the specifications for the products, publishes, and maintains all records, style files, Bill of Materials and samples associated with the product and related programs
- Ensures both the technical superiority and the product quality/integrity of all product falling under their responsibilities.
- Identifies and assists in the development of department guidelines and standards to ensure operational excellence and consistency across teams
- Provide insight and guidance to regional sourcing and Technical team leads and collaborate on construction, production or cost engineering solutions
- Some travel overseas to manufactures may be required
- Participate in special projects, process or calendar optimization with supervision
- Performs these and other duties as
- Mentor and coach Assistant technical development
FreeToBe,Inclusion & Diversity
As a purpose-led, performance driven company, we strive to foster a culture of belonging based on respect, connection, openness and authenticity.We are committed to buildingandmaintaining aworkplacethat celebrates the diversity of our associates,allowing them to bring their authentic selves to work every day.
Skills for SuccessYears of Related Professional Experience:5+years experience in Technical Design/Product Development in Mountain Sports in a medium or large size company
EducationalPosition Requirements: Bachelor's degree in Business, Engineering, or Manufacturing, or Degree / Certification in Apparel Design, construction, and/or patternmaking or equivalent combination of education and experience.
What we expect you already know:
- Lead a fitting or meeting with optional supervision
- Independently manage product of moderate to high complexity, troubleshoot and solve moderately complex problems
- Good knowledge of fit, patternmaking, and construction expertise, cost engineering and knowledge of manufacturing processes – previous travel to manufacturers a plus
- Good knowledge of product category, materials and development lifecycle
- Provide systems or moderate training while on-boarding others
- Good interpersonal skills, including the ability to create trust with cross functional teams
- Clear and accurate verbal and written communication
- Strong organizational skills
- Proficient computer skills in MS Office software, Adobe Illustrator, and PLM programs.
- Knowledge of patternmaking and virtual digital systems, like, Gerber Lectra, Browzwear 3D, Optitex, Clo3D a plus
- Deadline driven with a track record for delivering great results on time
- Skillset allows easy transfer to other technical design positions across product lines or categories
What’s in itForYouWe’re in thebusiness of unleashing human potential, driven by the ideas, energy and commitment of our people. That’s why we offer comprehensive benefits that encouragemental,physical and financial well-being for all VF associates. When it comes to benefits, we’re the total package. Go toMyVFBenefits.com and click on “Looking to Join VF?”to learn more.
Our Parent Company, VF CorporationVF is one of the world’s largest apparel, footwear and accessories companies connecting people to the lifestyles, activities and experiences they cherish through our family of iconic outdoor, active and workwear brands. At the heart of our journey lies our company-wide purpose: We power movements of sustainable and active lifestyles for the betterment of people and our planet. This is our purpose. It’s the reason we come to work every day. It’s a commitment shared by our global associates acrossallbrands. Our purpose unites us and leads us to pursue our goals, together. This is our calling. Learn more at vfc.com
We just have one question. Are you in?
Salary Range: $66,528.00 USD - $99,792.00 USD annually
Annual Incentive EligibilityThis position is eligible to participate in VF's Annual Incentive Plan. Incentive Plan awards are contingent upon (1) achievement of your individual objectives and (2) VF achieving its' Corporate and business level financial objectives.
Long Term Incentive EligibilityThis position is not eligible for long term incentive.
Benefits at VF:
You can review a general overview of each benefit program offered, including this year's medical plan rates on www.MyVFbenefits.com and clicking, Looking to Join VF? Detailed information on your benefits will be provided during your onboarding process.