SASE / SDWAN Technical Support Engineer – New Graduate
Start Date: July 2022
- Applicants need to have graduated within 12 months of start date
The Elevator Pitch: Why will you enjoy this new opportunity?
VMware is the global leader in virtualization and cloud infrastructure solutions that enable businesses to thrive in the Cloud Era. Our Global Support organization brings together an extraordinary and diverse group of people that supports over 250,000 companies in 100+ countries.
Our people are at the core of everything we do. We deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Do you crave a work environment of energy, innovation, and collaboration? Then come be part of our team. Work Here. Transform Everywhere. Visit: http://careers.vmware.com.
Technical Support Engineers (TSEs) are the life blood of Global Support, passionate about helping VMware customers and committed to solving their most complicated issues in a timely fashion. As a Technical Support Engineer, you are the trusted ally of our customers and the expert they turn to for troubleshooting, diagnosis, and resolution. Our Technical Support Engineers are the “face” of VMware to IT professionals world-wide.
VMware SASE is cloud-native Secure Access Service Edge platform that converges industry-leading cloud networking and cloud security to deliver flexibility, agility, protection, and scale for enterprises of all sizes. The uniqueness of the VMware approach is in its SASE points of presence (PoPs), which are strategically distributed around the world and serve as an on-ramp to SaaS and other cloud services. The global footprint of VMware SASE PoPs delivers cloud-based networking and security services that easily scale customers’ SASE needs. https://sase.vmware.com/sase
When you join our internship program as a Technical Support Engineer, you will learn and support our latest technology, receive mentoring from former graduates and become eligible for performance bonuses. TSE’s who deliver outstanding customer satisfaction are well-positioned for future career growth opportunities across various disciplines.
Success in the Role: What are the performance outcomes over the first 6 months you will work toward completing?
A first-year TSE will undergo a substantial skills development training program focused on learning our core products, tools & processes. You will shadow and collaborate with fellow TSEs to learn the skills and habits necessary to deliver unparalleled customer experiences. You will then begin engaging directly with VMware customers and partnering with them to resolve issues.
To be successful in this role, you must be a motivated self-starter and resourceful learner, possess strong customer interaction and problem-solving skills, and be able to prioritize multiple requests and work assignments. If you are someone who embraces new technology, enjoys continuous learning, and desires a collaborative work environment, we encourage you to explore this opportunity with VMware Global Support.
What type of work will you be doing? What assignments, requirements or skills will you be performing on a regular basis?
Our Technical Support Engineers are trusted advisors and experts that VMware customers seek out when they have a question or issue. The responsibilities for this role include:
- Engaging with VMware customers via chat, email, and phone
- Troubleshooting with customers and/or reproducing issues in a lab environment
- Consistently documenting your interactions with customers or internal stakeholders regarding an issue, its scope and the steps taken to diagnose & resolve it
- Partnering with internal stakeholders like engineering, field teams and other technical experts
- Collaborating with experienced engineers to troubleshoot complex environments, review logs and communicate detailed action plans
- Researching issues via our internal knowledge base
- Creating and updating knowledge base articles, as required
- Completing various training programs designed to further enhance your skills
- Working on the TCP/IP networking stack, investigating routing & switching issues with customers.
- Gaining knowledge on cloud security concepts.
What is the leadership for this role? What is the structure and culture of the team like?
This position reports to a Technical Support Manager based in our Ballincollig, Cork office but you will collaborate with teams from across the globe. Your leader will provide guidance and coaching to help you achieve your maximum potential. We value fresh ideas, innovative thinking, and constructive feedback. Team members are encouraged to challenge the status quo and invent better ways of delivering support. Our culture is one of possibility. Everyone is empowered to develop new ways to achieve success.
Where is this role located?
The location of this role is based in our VMware office in Ballincollig, Cork. Work will be done from the office some days during the business week but can be performed virtually from anywhere within Ireland.
What are the benefits and perks of working at VMware?
You and your loved ones will be supported with a competitive and comprehensive benefits package. Below are some highlights. You can view the complete benefits package by visiting: www.benefits.vmware.com
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan and a generous pension matching program
- Medical Coverage, Retirement, and Parental Leave Plans for All Family Types
- Generous Time Off Programs
- 40 hours of paid time to volunteer in your community
- Rethink's Neurodiversity program to support parents raising children with learning or behavior challenges, or developmental disabilities
- Financial contributions to your ongoing development (conference participation, trainings, course work, etc.)
- Wellness reimbursement and online fitness & well-being classes