Job DescriptionAs a Fugro Intern, you will be provided an opportunity to learn and apply Offshore and/or Land Geotechnical, Surveying, Geophysical, Geospatial, Innovation, and Engineering skills in either our Site Characterization, Asset Integrity, or Innovation business lines. Successful candidates will receive diversified training through on-the-job assignments using the technical skills acquired in college. Assigned projects will develop the interns both technically and professionally. Each intern will be assigned a technical mentor and supervisor to ensure a productive and engaging assignment.
Interns are typically matched to one of the service lines based on discipline. Within that service line, the intern will be responsible for completing one or more projects during the internship. The intern will work within established engineering and/or operations teams.
The preferred internship duration is 12 to 13 weeks with a 10-week minimum requirement. Assignments will typically be at one of our sites located in California, Virginia, Louisiana, Florida, or Texas. To be considered for this position you must complete the application process, which includes answering all prescreening questions on or before the requisition closing date of April 30, 2023.
Responsibilities may include:
- Assisting project professionals with project execution including coordination of field exploration, assigning laboratory testing, and performing analysis.
- Performing work assignments designed to develop professional work knowledge and abilities, requiring an application of standard techniques, procedures, and criteria in carrying out a sequence of related engineering tasks.
- Performing engineering work around the process of acquiring, analyzing, and interpreting geo-related data
- Partner with management and supervisors to identify your own learning and development needs and further develop your technical knowledge relative to Fugro’s core business.
- Complies with QMS and HSE requirements.
- Be at least 18 years of age.
- Pursuing a Bachelor’s degree or higher in Geotechnical Engineering, Geophysics, Marine Technology, Geology, Computer Science, Oceanography (Physical), Civil Engineering, or a closely related discipline.
- Current level in college: Sophomore through Senior or Graduate Student.
- Expected graduation date: Spring 2023 through Spring/Fall 2025.
- A minimum cumulative and Major GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale.
- A minimum of ten (10) continuous weeks of availability for the internship.
How to apply?If you are interested in this role we look forward to discussing this opportunity with you. Please click on our ‘apply’ button and upload your resume and cover letter.
Disclaimer for recruitment agencies:Fugro does not accept any unsolicited applications from recruitment agencies. Acquisition to Fugro Recruitment or any Fugro employee is not appreciated.
Fugro USA posting DisclaimerFugro is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit based factors.
Individuals with disabilities needing assistance in the recruitment process are encouraged to contact Human Resources directly at 713-369-5600, option 5 or .