The Client Supervisor (CS) is responsible for the supervision of account work performed by junior staff. S/he will demonstrate the ability to manage up, as well as manage across with peers and mentor account team members. S/he will learn Edelman’s various Communications Marketing processes/approaches, including public engagement, message workshops, master narrative assignments, brand engagement, social media campaigns and stakeholder mapping exercises and be able to support integrated teams in the execution of these processes for clients.
What We are Looking For
- At least two to three years of relevant experience in Corporate Communications and/or related fields, including research, management consulting, media or publishing as a Senior Client Executive.
- A bachelor’s degree in a relevant field from an accredited college or university
- Proven ability to lead and manage multiple small or medium-sized projects simultaneously
- Clear understanding of the clients’ businesses and their missions, as well as their key stakeholders: consumers, employees, investors, regulators, media, vendors, partners, other businesses/organizations, etc.
- Strong research, writing and editing skills, as well as the ability to interact with clients professionally and maintain relationships with media members
What You Will be Doing
- Demonstrates tactical and strategic knowledge of integrated Communications Marketing principles and skills
- Application of key client information, including general business strategy, industry trends and issues, products/services, key opinion leaders, customers and competitors
- Contributes to creation of Communications Marketing plans to meet client objectives
- Contributes to client correspondence (e.g., daily updates, activity reports, etc.)
- Plays key role in developing key messages in keeping with clients’ objectives
- Demonstrates the ability to write, edit and proofread to create high quality internal and external, channel-appropriate communications content
- Demonstrates research abilities to support client programs and understands research techniques, including analysis of media coverage and online conversation
- Coordinates and helps plan media outreach programs including tours, events, conferences, interviews and new media outreach
- Supervising junior team members such as Client Executives and Interns
Edelman is a global communications firm that partners with businesses and organizations to evolve, promote and protect their brands and reputations. Our 6,000 people in more than 60 offices deliver communications strategies that give our clients the confidence to lead and act with certainty, earning the trust of their stakeholders. Our honors include the Cannes Lions Grand Prix for PR; Advertising Age’s 2019 A-List; the Holmes Report’s 2018 Global Digital Agency of the Year; and, five times, Glassdoor’s Best Places to Work. Since our founding in 1952, we have remained an independent, family-run business. Edelman owns specialty companies Edelman Data & Intelligence (DxI) and United Entertainment Group (entertainment, sports, lifestyle).
For more information please visit:
Click to view a short video about life at Edelman.