Category:Research, Development, & Engineering
Work Location:Vernal, UT
Posted Date:October 10, 2018
Keep Me In Mind
Nalco Champion, an Ecolab Company, has an immediate need for an Chemist in our Energy Services group located in Vernal, Utah. If you are a passionate technical professional that likes to work in an autonomous, hands-on environment, we invite you to apply. This is your opportunity to join a large growing company offering a competitive base salary and benefits.
What’s in it For You:
- Access to best in class resources, tools, and technology
- Thrive in a company that values a culture of safety to include top-notch safety training and personal protection equipment
- Pride in working for a company that provides clean water, safe food, abundant energy and healthy environments
- Comprehensive benefits package starting day 1 of employment- medical, dental, vision, matching 401k, company paid pension, stock purchase plan, tuition reimbursement and more!
What You Will Do:
- Perform routine wet chemistry which requires experience and familiarization with company methods, practices and programs (analytical, performance, physical properties.)
- Learn and maintain the operations, calibration and maintenance of various laboratory equipment with emphasis in ICP, GC, DSC, IC.
- Log-in samples and help with the prioritization of work load
- Maintain workspace in clean orderly manner
- Order lab and field supplies to maintain inventory
- Interact with internal departments in trouble-shooting problems with hardware, testing equipment, products and method of development.
- Package and ship hazardous /non-hazardous materials
- Promote, practice and believe in health, safety and environmental initiatives
- Perform miscellaneous administrative tasks
- Compile, analyze and correlate technical data and writes timely reports on projects completed.
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry, Biology, Geology, or related field
- Demonstrate initiative and ability to work independently and handle multiple tasks
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- No immigration sponsorship is not available for this role
- Physically able to lift 50 pounds, climb stairs or ladder, and agile enough to squat and bend over (Agility Tests 1,2a &2b)
- 1 years of experience working in laboratory
- Knowledge of analytical instrumentation and related wet chemistry, as well as experience
- Applied industry experience in Oil & Gas/Energy/Chemicals
Nalco Champion, an Ecolab company, provides safe, sustainable chemistry programs and services to the upstream and midstream oil and gas indus Vernal