Job Description - Resilience/Emergency Management Planner (Mid Level) (10300000542)
Resilience/Emergency Management Planner (Mid Level)-10300000542
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, and technical services worldwide. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees—16,000 people working together across disciplines and time zones to provide smart, sustainable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in 400 locations around the world. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams.
Tetra Tech is seeking a Mid-Level Resilience/Emergency Management Planner in the Rochester, NY, Ithaca, NY, Albany, NY or the Parsippany, NJ area. This position provides emergency management planning, resiliency, mitigation, preparedness, financial recovery and response and recovery services to local and state governments, private businesses, universities and other institutions in a regionally-defined area.
The selected candidate will be responsible for collecting, analyzing and synthesizing data related to hazard mitigation and other emergency planning and will be responsible for effectively and efficiently supporting multiple simultaneous projects including the following activities that could include but are not limited to: conducting project stakeholder coordination and outreach activities; project/task management; facilitating stakeholder meetings; collecting and analyzing data; development of work plans; hazard mitigation/resiliency planning; adaptation planning; delivering emergency management consulting services such as strategic planning, meeting coordination and facilitation, risk assessment, emergency operations planning, gap analysis, policy and regulatory analysis, recovery planning, multi-jurisdictional coordination, communication planning, after-action assessments, as well as evaluation, training and exercise programs.
3-10 years experience with disaster management or hazard mitigation plan development or emergency management planning. Must have participated in project teams focused on development of emergency plans or DMA-2000 compliant hazard mitigation plans. The Planner will be responsible for managing resiliency/hazard mitigation projects including directing/coordinating the collection, analyses and synthesis of data related to hazard mitigation planning. Planner will also be responsible for developing and managing client relationships and conducting project stakeholder coordination and outreach activities.
Must have the ability to work independently, ability to communicate effectively, ability to collect and analyze hazard, threat, and consequence data, and the ability to efficiently prepare technical documents. Ideal candidate will possess the following:
- Working knowledge of development of FEMA-approved Hazard Mitigation Plans, resiliency plans, climate adaptaton plans and in the development and administration of FEMA grant applications and grant funded projects.
- Strong team player displaying enthusiasm and a true commitment to personal and team growth and development.
- Interest and ability to work in a collaborative manner functioning as an active participant.
- Works as a problem solver.
- Flexibility and the ability to adapt to ever-changing situations.
- Ability to analyze scientific, environmental, economic and hazard data.
- Excellent constructive communicator, both written and verbal.
- Ability to successfully support complex and time sensitive projects, manage time and client requests and resolve issues in a timely manner.
- Proficient using MS Office software including Word and Excel.
- Must be able to manage time well and work on tasks as part of a larger project team.
- Must be highly motivated, client focused and work well in a team environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication, client interaction and organizational skills
- Strong work ethic.
- Must be able to drive a motor vehicle and pass a motor vehicle records check.
Bachelors or Masters degree in urban planning, environmental, emergency management, public health or homeland security preferred. Travel to client offices and stakeholder engagement meetings and events expected.
For more information on our company, please visit our website at www.tetratech.com. To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter on the Careers portion of our website at www.tetratech.com/careers.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Tetra Tech is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We invite resumes from all interested parties including women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities.
Tetra Tech is a VEVRAA federal contractor and we request priority referral of veterans for available positions. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability - No calls or agencies
Primary Location:United States-NJ-US-Parsippany
Other Locations:United States-NY-US-Albany, United States-NY-US-Ithaca, United States-NY-US-Rochester
Job Posting:Oct 15, 2018, 2:37:56 PM
Job Closing Date:Ongoing