Accountant IIApply now »
Date: Nov 8, 2018
Location:Akron, OH, US
Location: Akron, OH
Sponsorship Available: No
Relocation Assistance Available: No
Position Description:The Accountant II will join our North American Tire Accounting team and is responsible for ensuring the accuracy and integrity of Goodyear Commercial Tire Service Center’s consolidated financial statements for both internal & external reporting. This includes month end closing routines for inter-company consolidation, inventory valuation, customer sales programs, benefit accounting, revenue recognition, budget vs. actual analysis, cash flow analysis & balance sheet analytics.
- Completing financial close (monthly, quarterly, annual), preparing journal entries, checking and auditing postings to projects and data-processing outputs.
- Reconciling accounts, incorporating policy into accounting procedures Includes overall analysis, monthly internal reports, meetings with project managers and capitalization requests to ensure transactions are accounted for properly.
- Create analytical analyses for manufacturing plants to enable cost reviews.
- Coordinate matters with other departments, project review/assistance.
- Assist Corporate Accounting and Reporting with monthly analytical reviews.
Required Experience and Education:
- Undergraduate Degree in accounting, finance or other business field.
- CPA and / or MBA or other advanced degree desired.
- 2 years of accounting, auditing and / or financial analysis experience (preferably in a large corporate or manufacturing organization or public accounting firm)
Personal Skills/Attributes/and Qualifications:
- Demonstrated knowledge of all Microsoft Office Products, SAP & Hyperion Essbase.
- Interpersonal skills that establish & maintain excellent relationships & credibility quickly.
- Ability to support accounting/finance decisions with logical evidence & persuasively present position.
- Understanding of US GAAP, accounting for complex transactions & familiarity with internal controls in compliance with SOX.
- Ability to work on multiple projects at the same time and adhere to strict deadlines.
Goodyear is one of the world’s largest tire companies. It employs about 64,000 people and manufactures its products in 48 facilities in 22 countries around the world. Its two Innovation Centers in Akron, Ohio and Colmar-Berg, Luxembourg strive to develop state-of-the-art products and services that set the technology and performance standard for the industry. For more information about Goodyear and its products, go to www.goodyear.com/corporate.
Goodyear is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to that individual's race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need reasonable accommodation to complete the online application, or any other part of the employment process, please contact the Goodyear Candidate Care Line at 330.796.4500.
Click here for more information about Equal Employment Opportunity laws, and here for additional supplementary information.
Nearest Major Market: Akron
Nearest Secondary Market: Cleveland
Job Segment: Accounting, ERP, SAP, Quality Assurance, QA, Finance, Technology, Quality
Apply now »