Find similar career opportunities
City: Charlotte, North Carolina, United States
Employment Type: Full Time
Position Description:You will join a small entrepreneurial team here in Charlotte and help grow the office. You will have a client facing role and have opportunities to lead and grow small teams.
Three aspects define the Charlotte office:
- Opportunities for leadership
- Making a positive difference in your community
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS/NON-ESSENTIAL SKILLS REQUIRED
1. Strong communicator – both oral and written
2. Strong Client service mindset. Be comfortable in a Client facing role. Lead requirements meetings with Client; provide estimates based on Client requirements; and proposals based on Client needs.
3. Ability to juggle multiple tasks and priorities
4. Team-oriented: Share information with team freely and share knowledge.
5. Strong independent Consultant that requires minimal to no oversight. Can independently design and implement BI tasks. Can write solid BI code based on requirements.
Your future duties and responsibilities:1. Work with Clients to elicit and define requirements; Provide requirements documentation as necessary that outlines acceptance criteria
2. Design, develop, and test SSIS packages
3. Handle releases into Client production environment and ensure releases go smooth
4. Lead code reviews for team members and provide appropriate guidance as necessary
5. Should have the ability to understand legacy code, get comfortable with it and have the ability to be productive in a short timeframe
6. Provide consultative recommendations for Client and help in overall improvement of the process.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:1. Strong BI Consultant with experience in Microsoft SQL Server technologies
2. 3+ experience with Microsoft BI technologies including SQL Server, SSIS, and SSRS. Should have completed at least 2+ projects using SSIS.
3. Familiarity with reporting and visualization tools such as Tableau, Qlik, or MicroStrategy. 1+ years with Qlik would be ideal.
4. Strong fundamental knowledge of T-SQL, writing complex queries, data modeling, and general knowledge of database knowledge.
- SQL Server
What you can expect from us:Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at US_Employment_Compliance@cgi.com. You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned.
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.
Have you been referred by a CGI Member for this position?*YesNo
CGI member’s email (@cgi.com)*
I agree to allow CGI to contact the CGI member who referred me to obtain additional information about my application and to confirm my referral. *
- This field is required.