Company ProfileMorgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries. As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic.
Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Department ProfileInternal Audit is responsible for validating whether the firm operates in a controlled environment with appropriate risk-management processes. Auditors evaluate the adequacy and effectiveness of the firm’s internal controls using a risk-based methodology developed from professional auditing standards. Internal Audit assists in monitoring the firm’s compliance with internal guidelines set for risk management and risk monitoring, as well as external rules and regulations governing the industry.
The team reports directly to the Board Audit Committee and helps verify whether the firm meets all of its fiduciary responsibilities to shareholders, while adhering to corporate-governance standards and legal and regulatory requirements. Internal Audit is comprised of Business, Risk and Technology auditors. Business and Risk auditors focus on understanding the risks that the businesses face and the controls to mitigate those risks. Technology auditors focus on the application controls supporting the business processes, including systems development, application security and entitlements, production management, and technology governance. Both groups are responsible for understanding, analyzing and testing the controls to protect the franchise.
Morgan Stanley is seeking a Manager to join its Internal Audit Division to support audits performed over Morgan Stanley’s Wealth Management businesses. The candidate should have a general understanding of risks, controls and audit concepts and have a general understanding of the overall wealth management business, including investment products (mutual funds, insurance and annuity products, exchange traded funds, etc.), investment advisory, sales practices and client suitability reviews, and broker-dealer operations. Candidate experience with online and mobile client-facing platforms used by Financial Services companies and clients is preferred.
- Participation in all phases of the audit, including assisting in scope determination, development of audit planning memorandums, documentation of walkthroughs and flow charts for key processes, development and execution of test procedures for key controls, discussion and documentation of issues, and report writing
- On-going communication with business line management to follow-up on previously identified audit issues, as well as execution of testing to verify closure of previously identified audit issues
- Participation in continuous monitoring and conducting ongoing risk assessments of key business processes to drive risk based audit plan
- Provide management with an independent and objective evaluation of the control environment and evaluate management’s control consciousness
- Conduct, as appropriate, quality assurance reviews to ensure compliance with department documentation standards
- Ability to travel when required
- Four-six years of internal audit related experience with Wealth Management products and services experience
- Experience with online and mobile client-facing platforms used by Financial Services companies and clients is preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including demonstrated ability to communicate with management
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to multi-task between several projects through the use of strong project management skills
- General understanding of the internal audit process including risk assessments, planning, scheduling, reporting, continuous auditing
- Undergraduate degree in business including Economics, Finance, Accounting, etc.
- CPA, CIA or other related licensing a plus