At Inkling, we believe getting an organization’s most critical knowledge to their people should be simple. We know that learning should happen flawlessly, on the job and in the moment. The Inkling modern learning platform brings this vision to life.
Designed for today’s learners and today’s work, we equip some of the world’s most recognized brands to quickly create beautiful content, build structured learning paths, generate meaningful insights, and drive business impact.
The Inkling team is committed to delivering a better learning experience for everyone. If this sounds like a mission you’d like to support, please apply below!
The Role:We are looking for a passionate, hands-on design manager who has demonstrated the ability to build small high performing UX design teams grounded in the fundamentals of using human centered design principles to create and ship new, innovative digital product experiences. You’ll work closely with product management and engineering leaders to organize the team around key product initiatives that maintain and enhance Inkling’s reputation in the marketplace for having an easy to adopt and use platform for both authors and field end users.
- Build and mentor a small high performing team of designers and maintain a UX research function that can work closely and efficiently across the Product and Engineering organizations.
- Define and refine processes for efficient delivery of UX design projects that dovetail with our agile development methodology.
- Leverage research to develop a deep understanding of our customers’s business problems and use this demonstrated understanding with the team to drive elegant solutions.
- Drive the team to collaboratively explore and iterate on design solutions at a high level before refining to final solutions.
- Drive the team to deliver beautiful work: pixel-perfection is dead, but we ship quality products that meet the consumer-grade expectations of a modern workforce. We’re a Figma house (for now).
- Develop team to be key strategic thought partners with products on ensuring Inkling is focused on the most impactful user problems to address.
- 6+ years of software design experience.
- Experience with launching and growing new products in the B2B space.
- Experience managing across companies with multiple products.
- Have developed processes that work collaboratively and directly with both Product Management and Engineering.
- Hands-on manager willing to provide direct review and input on team designs.
- Has managed a multiple person design team including a research function.
- Experience maintaining design systems and enforcing design standards.
- Workplace agility and demonstrated pragmatism to adapt the team quickly to business imperatives.
- Experience designing for a multiple platform application (web, android and iOS).
- Experience designing solutions for large, global distributed enterprises such as retailers, restaurants, insurance, pharmaceuticals, manufacturing and field service.
What we offer:
- Flexible PTO
- Medical, Dental and Vision Benefits
- Monthly Wellness Reimbursement
- Monthly Cell Phone and Data Reimbursement
- 401(k) Program
- Commuter Benefits
- Near Public Transportation
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Inkling does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Furthermore, Inkling does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.