- Job ID: 71032616
- Job Family: Safety, Security & Compliance
- Location: Fontana, CA US
- Other Locations:
Join the Clean Energy RevolutionBecome a Manager Contractor Field Safety working with Field Safety at Southern California Edison (SCE) and build a better tomorrow. This job drives the company’s safety performance and excellence though multiple efforts including: safety culture initiatives, safety compliance programs, leveraging data analysis to drive actions, performance management, and ad-hoc safety support requests, field oversight, contractor safety forums, incident communications and much more.
In this Manager role, your work will help power our planet, reduce carbon emissions and create cleaner air for everyone. Are you ready to take on the challenge to help us build the future?
A day in the life - Get ready to think big, work smart and shine bright!
- Lead a multi-faceted organization that has overall responsibility for employee, contractor, and public safety policies and programs.
- Ensure corporate safety strategies are carried out and lead actions that promote safety culture development.
- Support, develop and ensure measurable goals and consistent metrics are established to promote worker safety.
- Make decisions driven by corporate and business unit key performance indicators based on opportunities identified through trend analysis.
- Support SCE organizations by promoting safety thru the execution of culture improvements, regulatory compliance, and the implementation of safety policies and procedures.
- Lead a group of safety professionals whose focus is contractor field safety oversight and providing valuable feedback to contractor and organization leaders to promote safe work practices and incident prevention.
- Interact will all levels of management, senior managers, executives, and contractor leadership throughout SCE.
- Reinforce, develop and strategize tools and resources to ensure hazard awareness and risk mitigation for SCE’s workforce.
- Support SCE’s cause evaluation process and pursue actions to support timely reporting and the development of effective corrective actions.
- Five years of combined experience performing or supervising work in Environmental Health & Safety within the Electrical Construction industry.
- Three years of experience working in field safety.
- Bachelor’s degree in relative profession, business, or technical are of study or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Safety Professional Certification, CAL-OSHA Title 8, Code of Regulations understanding.
You should know
- Visit our page to get meaningful information related to benefits, perks, resources, testing information, and hiring process, and more!
- Relocation may apply to this position.
About SCEThe people at SCE don't just keep the lights on. Our mission is so much bigger. We’re fueling the kind of innovation that’s changing an entire industry, and quite possibly the planet. Join us and create a future with cleaner energy, while providing our customers with the safety and reliability they demand. At SCE, you’ll have a chance to grow personally and professionally, making a real impact in Southern California and around the world.
At SCE, we celebrate our differences. We are a proud Equal Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.
We are committed to ensuring that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. *LI-JS1